Week 2 Overview

Image sourceRavana effigy for Sashehra Diwali Mela in Manchester, England 


Tiny Tales from the Ramayana: I chose to read The Tiny Tales from the Ramayana because I find it easier to read the short 100 word microfictions. I find them easier to follow along with and comprehend due the stories being about things I am not familiar with. With the short stories I feel as if I can understand them and I am able to recreate them in my own way a lot easier. 

Bizzell Comic Books: The first comic I choose to dig deeper into was Uloopi: The Naga Princess who Fell in Love with Arjuna. I chose this comic because it seemed very interesting due to the battle between son and father over a female. The next comic I chose was Rama: Retold from the Ramayana. I chose this comic because it was just a retelling of the original story but in comic form and I thought it could help me better understand the original story.

India Video Playlist: The first video I watched was Harry Potter meets Hindu Mythology. I am always very intrigued every time I see Harry Potter in collaboration with mythology. I also watched Hindu Creation Stories because creation stories are also very interesting to me and I think it is cool to see how other religions/beliefs make things come alive. 

Comments

Popular Posts